Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

When a Walk turns into a Revelation

Tonight I went on a walk with my babes, and I don't know what it is but every time I do I start to feel all sorts of nostalgic and reflective. I think it's because it's the path a walked when Hudson was a baby. It's the path I ran when I was fit and strong. It's the path I walked when I was pregnant with Jayde, and now it's the path I walk with both my babies. It's like a symbol of the passage of time. 

I started thinking about how one day Hudson and Jayde will be too big for me to push or will no longer be interested in walking with me. One day this season of my life will end, and that makes me sad. 

I thought of my mom whose seven children have grown and all the seasons I am currently experiencing or will experience have long ended for her, and I wonder how painful that must be. I know my mom is happy and is living a wonderful season as a grandmother, but these moments when when the babies are young are precious and I'm realizing very fleeting.

Tonight, while in my cloud of nostalgia, as cheesy as it is, I vowed to live life to the fullest. I don't want any opportunities to pass by. Life goes too quickly and I want cherish each walk I have left. 

Comments

  1. Each stage has it's ups (more than downs) but if I could go back and relive life when all seven kids were home and busy I would in a heartbeat. I like your vow to realize that "this to shall pass" and to enjoy each stage. I live each day thinking of my kids and wondering how their doing, how they now have families of their own. My currennt stage of life deepest sadness is that I cannot be with my kids and grandkids as often as I would like. But I find contentment to a degree with a great husband and the fun things we can do now that it is only the two of us. Now when you are the center of your kids world is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.

Contact Form