Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

My Current Makeup Routine


My makeup routine changes fairly often. I like trying new products. I generally purchase products from drug stores. I've never had any reason to try name brand, more expensive, makeup because I've been impressed with what I can get at a cheaper price. Here are the five products I am currently using.  

Maybelline Brow Define and Fill Duo: Over a year ago, I started filling in my eyebrows. I naturally have fairly strong eyebrows, but I noticed in a picture that parts of my eyebrows were a little sparse, so I started filling them in and I haven't looked back. I like this product. It has two sides. One side is the pencil to fill in the brow, and the other side is a powder to blend and smooth to make it look natural and full.

Maybelline Fit Me Dewy & Smooth foundation: I need to wear foundation. Without it, my skin is splotchy and all my blemishes are too out there for everyone to see. I'm liking this product. I've been using it for about two weeks. It's light yet it provides nice coverage and lasts throughout the day even through my workouts. 

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara: This is my biggest makeup splurge. I got a sample size a while back and haven't bought a different mascara since. I love it. It does everything a mascara should. It lengthens, adds volume and separates the lashes. Every so often, Ulta has it on sale for $10, so I stock up.

Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Peals bronzer and highlighter: I lightly apply this to my face to contour and highlight. It's light and shimmery and bronzy all at the same time. 

 L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow: I like to wear simple eyeshadow, just one (maybe two colors). I put this all over my lid and brow bone. It's the Iced Late color, and I like how it is a little shimmery but has a light and natural look that brings out the gold in my eyes. It helps me look awake. 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer: As I continue to age I'm realizing I need to start using some age renewal products, so I got this primer to apply to my face before my makeup. I like that is helps smooth out my skin and hide my imperfections.

I like this routine because I love wearing bold lipstick colors, so I feel because this is a more natural  and light look when I put on fuchsia or red lipstick, I don't look a clown.


Comments

Contact Form