Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

Flatbread Prosciutto, Arugula & Balsamic Pizza


Right now I am loving these flatbread prosciutto, arugula & balsamic pizzas. Nathan and I have both loved this style pizza ever since we shared one at a restaurant once a while back, but we obviously don't like the fat and carbs that come along with it; so we created this lower carb and less fatty version. 

Most of the ingredients we use were purchased at Trader Joes, but you can certainly substitute these ingredients will similar brands. 


Step 1: We make it on this flatbread that has 150 calories, 3 fat grams, 27 carbohydrates and 4 grams of protein. It's a great substitute for pizza dough. I warm the flatbread up in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to soften it up and help with the cooking process.


Step 2: I then layer on one serving of this lite mozzarella cheese with 45 calories, 3 fat grams, and 5 grams of protein. One serving is enough to cover the surface of the flatbread.


Step 3: I cut up 1 slice of prosciutto and spread it out evenly over the pizza. It has 60 calories, 3.5 fat grams and 6 grams of protien per slice. 

Step 4: I broil the pizza until the cheese is melted and bubbling. 





Step 5-6: When I take it out, I then put a nice big handful of arugula on top and drizzle on some balsamic vinegar.

I cut it up and enjoy. I've been adding a side of sliced cucumbers sprinkled with Himalayan pink salt, too. It makes for the perfect lunch.

Here is approximatley the final macro nutrient count:

Calories: 260
Fat: 10g
Carbs: 27g
Protein: 17g
Fiber: 3g


Comments

Contact Form