Thursday, May 20, 2010

Powder Puff


My knees are burning. That's because I played in the annual Powder Puff Flag Football game against the senior girls today and took a few beatings for the team. I played on the defense and I rocked it! I pulled off six flags. The first one is where I got my battle scars. The girl (my student Martika) was running down the sideline, I rushed after her, took a leap, grabbed her flag pulled it off, slid on the ground, and scratched up my knees all in one fell swoop stopping her from the touch down. Early in the game I wasn't out there and that is the one time the seniors were able to make a touch down. Sadly, the staff offense didn't score, but it was 50 senior girls against 15 staff members, so we held our own!

2 comments:

  1. How fun for you. sounds like that old competitive side of you came out. You look like oneof the senior girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! At a high school I taught at in Hawaii, they did a Powder Puff game as a fundraiser, but they had the junior girls play against the seniors. It was crazy! I'm glad you helped out your team and lived to tell the tale. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.