Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

What a Deference a Year Makes

Today was the first day of the spring semester, and as I walked around campus I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with nostalgia. What a difference a year makes. This time last year I began the semester at a huge 36+ weeks pregnant. I knew my time with my students would be short, and I was counting the days until I would hold my little Hudson. That day came sooner than planned, and I spent only two weeks on campus. As a crazy twist of fate, today I ran into the woman who worked as my long term substitute while I was on maternity leave. I couldn't help but feel gratitude for what she did for me and the opportunity I had to stay home with Hudson for as long as I did. I guess a part of me feels a little sad, and despite all the difficult moments, I would go back to this same time last year and do it all over again in a heartbeat. Today I was reminded that time is so fragile and fleeting. It really does go by in a blink.

Comments

Contact Form