Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

September Day 1 :: You, Now

Every night I am found feeding my baby before putting him to sleep. It's part of our routine. After he finishes his bottle, I gently rock him to sleep. Yes, I rock him to sleep, and he sleeps through the night--12 hours. I have to say, this was not always the case. About 2 months ago, hoping to break Hudson of his 3am feedings, I did the CIO thing. I wanted to teach him to fall asleep on his own, and I have to say it worked. When I had family come to stay in July, I went back to rocking him to sleep, and realized he was still sleeping through the night. I've continued to rock him to sleep since then--I don't mind rocking him--most nights. He sleeps like a dream even with me rocking him. There are some nights I do put him down sleepy, but awake, and he will roll around for a while and then put himself to sleep. He rarely cries at bedtime any longer. I have it perfectly timed and he knows how to out himself to sleep now. I must say that had I not let Hudson CIO a few months ago, I don't know if he'd be sleeping as well as he is now. I am glad I did it, but I am even happier that I can still rock and cuddle my boy and that he sleeps wonderful, solid, 12 hour slumbers.

#FMSphotoadaysept

Comments

Contact Form