Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

Jayde's 9 Months Old

I cannot believe Jayde is 9 months old already. She's been here as long as I was pregnant. It goes so much faster when they're here, doesn't it? 

These last 9 month have been my favorite time of my life. Being a mom of my two little people and seeing them interact and love each other fulfills me in every way. For the first 6 months of Jayde's life, I was able to stay on maternity leave and soak of every moment. I know I will always cherish that time; it was precious to me. 

I can say doing the newborn thing the second time was such a better experience for me, not that it was a disaster with Hudson; I just didn't know what to expect and I was a little shocked the first time around. With Jayde, I have been so much more relaxed, calm and patient. I promised myself I wouldn't get frustrated and upset, and I have kept my promise to myself. I haven't had any emotional meltdowns like I did with Hudson. Jayde has helped with that too; she has been a dream baby. She makes it easy. 

I've been back at work since August, and things have continued to go smoothly. We have a wonderful nanny the kids love and coming home to my babies is my favorite part of my day. I've been able to continue breastfeeding Jayde by pumping at work and nursing her while at home. 

There are still things I need to figure out and things I need balance, but overall, I don't have much to complain about. Life has been good to me. I have so may blessings and so much to be grateful for.

Jayde's 9 months stats: 91% for her height and 75% for her weight. She doesn't have any teeth yet, but she loves eating all sorts of things. She's still army crawling all over the place although she is very close to a real crawl. She just started pulling herself up on her knees. She's so sweet and likable. Her personality is pleasant and I can't get enough of her. Her little babbles, smiles, and laughter remind me everyday how lucky I am to have Jayde in my life. 

Comments

Contact Form