Sew Pregnant



I made this super simple dress yesterday. It took me less than an hour and a half. It is a Cynthia Rowley pattern; I love her patterns. I wanted to try making a dress that I could perhaps alter into a maternity dress. When I cut it out, I made it a little wider from the waist down to allow more room for my belly. Next time I cut it out, I will cut the hem in the front lower so that as my belly grows the dress doesn't come up too short. I also cut the neckline a little lower because, well with having a larger chest I don't like things cut too high. It makes me look heavier. I will probably even cut it a little lower next time. It's a perfect dress for belting, which accentuates what I have left of my waist. I love this dress. It is so comfy because it is made out of knit jersey. I want to make 5 million more. And by 5 million I mean like 5.

6 comments

  1. I am so jealous! I wish I could sew cute outfits like you do. I am 8 months pregnant and would LOVE to wear clothes that fit. Keep it up girl! You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress!!! I wish that I could sew outfits.

    Have you tried any of the clothes that I gave you? I hope they can work for you with a little alteration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jersey dresses! you are so good at this stuff. I wish you lived close to me and I could have you sew all my dresses. cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable and classy as usual! By the way, your legs are looking good in those heels! :0) You go girl for wearing heels while preggo!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew Cute! Looks simple to sew that's the best kind.

    ReplyDelete

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.