Melody
Hi, I'm Melody. Wife to Nathan, mom to Hudson and Jayde, teacher to many.

A Place to Call My Own

School (work) started yesterday.

My third year teaching.

As the school year approached, I noticed a definite difference in how I felt. Previous years, I felt very anxious, nervous and unprepared, yet this year there was a

sense of peace and calmness.

This year will be different. One of the major differences is, I finally have my own classroom. The past two years I was a "traveling teacher," so I would go into other teacher's rooms and use it while they had their prep. period. It was severely inconvenient for everyone. I am so privileged to have a great classroom with a great location and view. Because this is my first year with a room, I unfortunately don't have many decorations, but I made due with what I have, and i will add to it as the year progresses. A few colleagues were kind enough to give me some posters and boarders which was so sweet. I made some

tissue paper pom-poms

and hung them in the corners of the room. My desk area is my little Zen area. I did some

beach-y

decorations on my filing cabinet, and I put up some personal pictures to make it homey. I have a little fridge for keeping healthy snacks.

This year will be different because I will not be going to school simultaneously to get my credential. I am also teaching all of the same classes I did last year, so all I need to do is perfect what I did last year. I am also excited because this year I am teaching

3 Mythology classes

when in past years I've taught 2, so I have more of my favorite class this year.

I am hoping to be efficient and on top of things this year. I feel I definitely can now that

I have my own classroom!





Comments

  1. You are so cute. The room is awesome. But, where is your desk that you sit att?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! What grade do you teach? I bet all the boys are going to be thinking... "Dang, I got a HOT teacher!!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome desk. My teachers enver had desks that looked like that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.

Contact Form