Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I Can Finally Say it Outloud




I wouldn't admit it for a long time as if saying it out loud would just bring disappointment and sadness. Besides, what do I have to be ungrateful for? I have a great life. I have a husband who adores his family, children who are healthy and a job I love. In fact, I have always been proud to say I am a high school English teacher. So what right do I have to admit I want something different? What's the use of talking about it anyways? My motto is: don't complain about what you can't change.  I knew I needed to work. Financially, it just made sense. Despite knowing all this, I still felt dissatisfaction looming in the recesses of my mind, but I never dared let it take precedence over my thoughts...well...at least I tried not to, but I knew what I wanted. I wanted to be home with my "babies" (my oldest is 5 and my youngest is now 2).

The funny thing is, I always thought I wanted to work that being a working mom wouldn't be a big deal to me, but turns out I was wrong. I desire nothing more than to be home taking care of my children and taking care of my home, and I have been on a quest to make this possible.

For seven years, I have done little things on the side in hopes that something would prove profitable enough to make my dream a possibility. First, was my Etsy shop. I was so blessed to have a semi-successful Etsy shop, in fact, the funds I received from it allowed me to stay on an extended maternity leave after both my children were born. It was a huge blessing but was never going to replace my teaching salary.

Soon after Jayde was born, I ventured into the world of network marketing. I became a Beachbody coach. It all started out of a desire to get into better shape after baby, but as I watched other women retire from education or the corporate world, my hopes for my own success soared.  While my success with Beachbody was moderate, I found my heart wasn't in it and after six months, I decided to cancel my membership. I went back to my Etsy shop, but business had slowed considerably.

Enter Usborne Books. In March 2016, I attended a Facebook party for Usborne books and fell in love with it. I loved the books; I loved the party, and I jumped in as a consultant right away. I was successful and progressed quite quickly through ranks hitting all my bonuses. Had I found what I was looking for? My hopes were high. From March until July, I worked hard and I had no plans to stop that is until I purchased my first LipSense Starter Collection.

On August 1, 2016, I signed up to be a LipSense Distributor. I had just tried LipSense for the first time and even without much thought and consideration, I signed up. I had no clue that impulsive decision would completely alter the course of my life. Compared to the other network marketing companies I had been with, LipSense seemed almost effortless. Sales were steady and my team grew quickly. Ten months later, here I am with a team of over 300 people making more as a distributor than I do as a teacher. SeneGence has provided me the opportunity to pursue my secret desire. I will be resigning from teaching after 10 years to be a mom full time. I can hardly believe it. I am grateful beyond measure. This is just the beginning, and I am insanely excited for the growth this company is experiencing and so excited about the fact that this is just the beginning of a life I am excited to live.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this heartfelt post. I'm glad you can be home with your babies. I always thought it was such a blessing That I was home with mine. No one can replace the love and. Attention of a mother

    ReplyDelete

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.