Dear Hudson :: 1 Year Old

Today is your first birthday. I'm amazed by how quickly this year has gone and by how much you've grown and learned. This year has been one of my happiest and most challenging at the same time. I love you more than I can say with words. I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, but I never knew I would love being a mommy, your mommy, this much. You really are such a well-behaved, good boy.
-You walk so well. You walk full time now. You cannot stand up on your own, but if you lose hour babakce and plop down you crawl to the nearest post and pull yourself up. You are picking up speed too. Soon you'll be running around this place.
- Nothing is cuter to me than when you dance. You'll dance to anything these days. When you hear a little melody you stop and sway you head and body. It's the cutest thing ever!
-You're getting more and more cuddly and I love it! I've been waiting for the day you would just lie you head on my chest just cause.
-You nap in your crib! This is major. For so long you needed to be swaddled and slept in your rock-in-play sleeper, but about one month ago mommy and daddy decided to break you of this. It look a lot of patience and some tears, but in the end you learned to fall asleep on your own. Everyday isn't perfect and some days you can't sleep, but most days you are able to do it. Yay Hudson!
- You're growing more and more curls and sometimes your hair look dark like daddy's and other times lighter like mommy's
-Bath time isn't as relaxing as it used to be. You no longer like to sit down, and you try to pull everything in sight into the tub with you. Plus, you splash so much mommy looks like she just took a bath herself. But it's still one of my favorite parts of the day.
-You love any toy with wheels that you can roll around. And you're learning to throw. This is a good thing and a bad thing.
-It's hard to get you to eat food other than baby food, Cheerios or milk these days. You continue to love Italian food but anything else you're not too interested in.
-Your feet, stomach and arm pits are ticklish and mommy can't help it but engage in a tickle-fest after bath.
-You know longer use a pacifier. One day, you just decided you were finished with them.
-You have 6 teeth and it looks like you're growing top molars!
As I put you to bed tonight and sang Happy Birthday one last time, I asked you if you wanted to do this year over again so I can relive each perfect stage of you life so far. In reply, you nuzzled into me and closed you're eyes and I realized not everything has changed. Happy birthday my sweet boy.

1 comment

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.