Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Problem with Naps

Hudson is an awesome sleeper. That is at night. Naps are a different story, and I fear I've ruined him. Last summer when we were trying to transition Hudson from his bassinet to his crib, I found he wasn't napping well unswaddled in his crib. After some experimenting, I found that he napped best if swaddled, rocked to sleep, and placed in his rock-in-play with the sound machine playing right next to him. We've been sleeping him like that for naps ever since. Nathan's belongs to the if it ain't broke, don't fix it school of thought and he's not concerned, but as for me I think: he can't sleep in there forever, or he will outgrown his swaddled blanket then what? and he's almost one year old and he's still swaddled?! I worry over these thing and honestly probably think a little irrationally sometimes believing I'll be swaddling my two year old. I've tried putting him in his crib for naps hoping he'll put himself to sleep like he does at nighttime, but he just stands up and cries. I know every baby is different, and my mom tells me the only way I fell asleep when I was a baby was if I was swaddled really tight and bounced on my daddy's knee, so I guess Hudson takes after me a little bit. I'm hoping to one day find a solution to this nap issue, but hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.