Saturday, January 29, 2011

30 for 30 Prep

I am about to embark on a fashion adventure. It's called 30 for 30. For the next 30 days I will only we mixing and matching these 30 items. It was developed by Kendi a fabulous fashion blogger. It's purpose is to make me remix the items I already have in my closet. This will be good for me. I always find myself standing in front of my very full closet cursing it and complaining about how "I don't have any clothes" and that's just not true; I have lots of great clothes, I just need to appreciate them better. Cue 30 for 30. I hope to learn just that, to appreciate my clothes. Wish me luck. Here are the pieces, some are new while others I've had for a while.


1 blazer. 8 sweaters and cardigans

1 dress and 3 skirts

5 tees and tops

5 button ups

3 pants/jeans

4 pairs of shoes. The gray combat boots are my wild-card. They are new and I am not sure how I am going to style them, but I am up for the challenge.

8 comments:

  1. i am so excited to see the outfits these selections create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a great idea! i feel i just dont have the ability to put together new possibilities for my outfits... maybe i should try this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! thanks for posting! I'm also doing the 30 for 30 and was looking for inspiration... :)

    http://katrihakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some new combat-ish boots in my 30x30 as well! Fingers crossed we'll both be in love with our boots by the end of this thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! where do you buy your skirts at? i need some for church and i can't find any!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose you will blog about the outfits so we can critic them. I am sure you will do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the 30 for 30 is over and you realize you don't need all those extra clothes and shoes in your closet you can give them to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Yellow Sew ShopFebruary 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM

    Love the combat boots...I want a pair soooo bad!

    good luck on the 30 for 30. I am sure you will look great everyday....I can't look cute more than a few days in a row, its just not possible, so more power to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please commet below with question and comment and I'll be sure to reply.